Finding the Fit for Your Project
While we build many projects, your project may be the unique capital investment for your organization. We know this, and approach each new project with thoughtful questions, never assuming what will work best, until we understand your goals and challenges. Our team will help you assess and choose the construction approach that aligns with the goals of your project. We will help you understand the distinctions in our range of services—from construction management, to design-build, to general contracting. And, once we have helped you plan the best approach for your project, we guarantee the quality of our construction with a two-year warranty, twice as long as the industry standard.
Early Involvement, Valuable Benefits
Construction Management (CM) is unlike the traditional model of delivering construction services, in which a construction company works as a “General Contractor” (GC), in a bid and build process. The CM relationship begins at a point early in the project development process. Our team often assists with feasibility studies and development pro formas; at other times, we are brought in during a project’s schematic or conceptual design. Exactly when we are engaged in the project is a value-based decision for each client—but early involvement is the basis of the CM model. This collaborative partnership between the CM firm, client and design team brings each project many valuable benefits—to cost, to schedule and to the comprehensive quality of the project’s construction. And, the earlier we are involved, the more value we are able to bring your project.
This early investment in our guidance can save a project significant expense and valuable time, and build the best version of your vision.
Central features of our CM service include:
- An approach that starts with listening and understanding our clients’ specific project constraints and needs, and then matching those objectives with the subcontractor partners and internal resources that best suit your project
- A role in the design/pre-construction phase, enabling us to shape the project’s budget, schedule, and design in support of all your project’s goals
- Comprehensive management of all aspects of the project on your behalf, with full alignment of interests
- Continued assistance to your team after occupancy, until all your expectations have been fulfilled
One Integrated Team, the Fastest Path to Opening Day
“Design-Build” (DB), an alternative style of project delivery, is a variation on CM services. A highly efficient integrated design and construction team approach, design-build projects take, on average, 30% less time than traditional design/bid/build process. The initial industry model had the CM contracting with the owner, and in turn had second tier contracting relationships with the architect, engineers and subcontractors. In practice today, there are many hybrids of this initial model; no matter what the variation, we work together. We design your project with the benefit of very specifically targeting the design to meet the project’s objectives. Those are often resources, time and the overall mission of the building project.
Central features of our design-build service include:
- Our experienced and dedicated design-build team, who bring the highest quality design and construction skills, strong leadership, and a cost conscious attitude
- A single-point of accountability for you, and a streamlined decision making process: our design and construction team is aligned and focused strictly on project goals
- Open communication and active collaboration among all parties
- Eliminating time on design alternatives and out-of-budget material options
- Established construction costs prior to detailed design
- An efficient design and construction schedule
- Reduced conflicts and minimized overall costs and risks
Your Partner for High Quality Construction, Competitive Cost
This is the most traditional model of delivering construction services. When Rubicon Builders works as a GC, we prepare a competitive bid based on the project’s completed design, and build the project. When we work with you as your GC, Rubicon still manages the complete construction process, though we do not have the early involvement in the design or preconstruction phases that we do when we provide CM services.
Central features of our GC service include:
- An established team of prequalified labor, material, and equipment partners, who we carefully match with your specific project needs, based on their particular experience and resources.
- Many of the same Construction Management tools and deliverables used in the CM and DB model, as appropriate to the project.
- Management of your project from the construction document phase through project completion, including day-to-day oversight of the construction site, vendor management, and coordination of communication between all parties.